Friday 31 October 2014

Rachel Moyes - My Cape Town Experince



I think that it's fair to say that this South Africa trip has been one of the biggest adventures that any of us will ever be on in our entire lives, and for that we have a lot to be thankful for. We should be thankful for the opportunity presented by the teachers, the kindness of those who paid for us to be here, and the persistence of all the others who made it happen and come together into this wonderful trip that we will undoubtedly remember for the rest of our lives. 



I wanted to go on the trip initially because I thought that it would be an amazing experience that would enrich the lives of both the people in our groups from Balwearie and the kids at Welcome. It turned out to be exactly that!



I think it's changed me in the sense that I'll be wiser and will be more understanding of people's circumstances and opportunities. My favourite part was the primary school visits, since it was the perfect opportunity to help the children who are less advantaged and bring them a little bit of joy with something so simple - literally just reading them a book or colouring in with them or messing about with some flour. 



I would definitely return to Cape Town in the future if I had the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us!

Keep Updated with all the News on Balwearie High School's link with Welcome Primary in Cape Town.