Monday 3 November 2014

Craig Stevenson - My Cape Town Experience


As I woke this morning, I couldn't believe that today was our last full day in day Cape Town. This trip has been the best 10 days of my life and I personally think it has changed me for the better. 

Even if my trip didn't start out the best, with a few days of bringing up whatever African food I ate, leaving my mark in a few places, the experiences and things I have seen often shocked me, surprised me and mostly always made me realised how lucky I am in my own life. Seeing kids who live in the townships asking politely for our clean water which we bought for next to nothing hit me the most. Not because of their desperate need for water, even though i find this ridiculous and shocking, but the fact that they were asking, and not stealing or grabbing it off us. They were so grateful for us being there and bringing tourism to their townships. 


I feel very privileged to be one of the first people to be involved with Welcome Primary and be able to start the link with this fantastic school. Every single one of the pupils and staff at the school motivates me to do more to help them continue to improve their resources and bring greater opportunities for all of the pupils of Welcome Primary. 


I can't believe the amount of things we have achieved these last 10 days and it definitely makes all the early starts and late nights worth it! 
I hope to go back to Scotland and appreciate my life and the amazing people that surround me even more. I will never forget my experience in South Africa and the inspirational people I have met and worked with. 


Thank you once again to Mr McGuckin, Mr Booth, Mr Airlie and Mrs Murdoch for making this trip a special one and looking after us all! I hope we've made you proud! 
I'd also like to thank everyone in TEAM BLUE for making these 12 days so much more special and banterous. The bus journeys, meal times and general banter around CapeTown has been a highlight of my trip here and I'd like to thank everyone for making it so special! 

Craig Stevenson, Group 2, Team Blue! 
#T.I.A #BBB 

"You don't need a holiday, you need CapeTown"  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us!

Keep Updated with all the News on Balwearie High School's link with Welcome Primary in Cape Town.