Monday 3 November 2014

Jacob Beckett - My Cape Town Experience


Cape Town is an amazing place filled with excitement and wonder. In my short stay I've experienced a heap of new and interesting things. The weather has been great and everyone is so happy and friendly. I've seen many amazing sights and have been shocked by others. 


Table mountain is a wondrous place and it really  feels like your on top of the world. Abseiling off of it is a lifetime experience in itself. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity. 

Langa township was a life changing experience. The contrast in wealth is utterly shocking. I saw where people lived and what people do to survive. Amazingly, despite having practically nothing people were still happy and positive.

Welcome primary was well, welcoming. The staff and pupils were brilliant. The pupils were so excited to meet us and when we arrived we were met with a fantastic assembly which demonstrated some of the pupils talents. Teaching was both challenging and rewarding. The pupils were so engaging with everything we taught. Of course saying goodbye was hard and several bucket loads of tears were shed  by the group. However I saw what a link can do to a school and I'm looking forward to both continuing the link and working with Mario and the GCU to support and improve the local community. 


I'd like to thank Mr McGuckin, the other teachers, my amazing group, Mario and the fantastic Welcome school for making my once in a life time experience to Cape Town both possible and awesome. 

- Jacob 
#BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us!

Keep Updated with all the News on Balwearie High School's link with Welcome Primary in Cape Town.