Wednesday 29 October 2014

Jodie- Cape Town Experience



I can't believe that our time in Cape Town has come to an end. This trip has been the best experience of my life and certainly one i wont forget.

The atmosphere when team burgundy met at Balwearie on the 7th of October was ecstatic.  Straight away i knew that the group would get on so well and we certainly did. From leaving the school that afternoon to the journey home, the memories created will be with me forever. I couldn't of asked for a better group of people to share this amazing experience with.



Being able to experience Cape Town has been incredible. It is such a beautiful city with so much to offer. The warm, friendly welcomes we received from everyone here were lovely. Especially the welcome we received from all the pupils and staff at Welcome Primary School. As soon as we arrived at the school we felt appreciated and were invited to a school assembly full of kids who were more than grateful for our presence. The strong bonds we made with all the pupils and staff helped make this experience the best of my life. The children made me laugh, smile and cry and i will always remember the memories i shared with the grade 2a class. 



Every day i helped in this class and they were the best, most enthusiastic group of children i've ever met. In this class i met a very special boy called Miyanda. He found his work more challenging than his classmates and from what his teacher shared with me, his life at home was very difficult and unfair. By helping him with his maths, spelling, colouring in and by just giving him my time and attention made him feel important and i will always remember the smile on his wee face. The big hug i got when we said bye to each other and the drawing he gave me to take home made me very emotional! 
Saying bye was very difficult as we had all made a genuine connection with the pupils and staff of the school. I will never forget how grateful the kids were and I will really miss the incredible atmosphere they created.




The touristy part of the trip was amazing, as we were able to visit places like Roben Island, Table Mountain, Aquila Game Reserve and so much more! A big thanks to 'Mc big G' and 'Clunedog' for driving us around the city and making the long bus journeys a laugh. I will ALWAYS remember the bus journeys especially the music.There are a few songs that have now become associated with the trip which is brilliant!



Overall this has been the most amazing experience of my life and one i will never forget. I am so lucky to have shared it with the funniest, most friendly and amazing people possible. Without the other 19 in the Burgundy family this trip would never have been so good and i would like to thank Mc big G, Clunedog, Rossy, Murray and the rest of team burgundy for making this experience one in a million. I will most definitely be back.
#ItWasntStix

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us!

Keep Updated with all the News on Balwearie High School's link with Welcome Primary in Cape Town.