Friday 31 October 2014

Jennifer Spence - My Cape Town Experince

My trip


 
The past 10 days have been the most amazing of my life and ones that I will never forget.  The many memories I have made will stick with me and will take a lot to beat! I loved every part of the trip however the first day stood out for me as it was our first experience of Cape Town and how friendly the people are, the heat and how cheap everything is! The Langa Township tour really put into perspective how much we have at home and to appreciate the things that we have more. 


 
I was blown away by how welcoming the primary school were towards us. Both teachers and staff were so enthusiastic to learn about Scotland and our own personal lives. The generosity and kindness they shared was very humbling and it was so sad to leave. I am looking forward to continuing the link with Balwearie and Welcome Primary and getting the whole of Balwearie involved. 


 
The experiences we have encountered are unforgettable but would not have been as great without such a fantastic team. The Blue team have made me laugh harder than I ever have before but also given a shoulder to cry on when times were emotional. The memories we have made together whether it is laughing so hard at dinner or abseiling off table mountain are ones that I will treasure.



 Also having teachers who were so generous, caring and funny made the trip a whole lot better. A big thanks to Mr McGuckin who made this whole trip possible and put up with team blue! 
 
Jennifer Spence  Group2

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us!

Keep Updated with all the News on Balwearie High School's link with Welcome Primary in Cape Town.